Impossibly simple solution to the mobile telecom patent lawsuit jungle
When was the last time you saw a mess like this?
Thanks to Ars Technica for the insightful write up as always.
Or, to look at it another way (from information is beautiful):
Stop paying millions to the litigating lawyers and instead spend the time and money on creating a viable, modern, useful patent pool.
Impossible? I don’t think so.
Some other insights:
- the graphics are woefully incomplete – there’s a lot more going on out there;
- Kodak is enforcing technology outside its core business;
- if you’re making money, you can expect arrows pointing at you;
- the graph will blossom further in coming months;
- ITC proceedings are a very sensible component, of course.