Pharmaceutical manufacture for export – resources and update
The issue of allowing manufacture for export for pharmaceuticals during an extended patent term has moved on a bit since my recent blog post and the podcast interview we did.
Here is a list of resources and links that I’m currently aware of about the issue – please do let me know if you have any more – I will come back and update this list.
- Post at LawFont by Australian intellectual property scholar, Kimberly Weatherwall;
- The Australian Financial Review article (subscription required);
- Post and commentary at Club Troppo blog and subsequent post at blogotariat;
- My post here on 8 April introducing the issue and calling for comment;
- Our IP Think Tank podcast interview with Economist, Nicholas Gruen and leading Indian Intellectual Property scholar, Shamnad Basheer;
- Discussion with Economist, Nicholas Gruen on the Australian Broadcasting Commission’s Science Show;
- A submission to the Joint Trade Sub Committee of the Parliament of Australia on behalf of Hospira, one of the main proponents of the suggested changes; and
- Generic Medicines Industry Association (GMiA) Press Release
(Photo credit: jurvetson)