IP and the economic crisis – special edition podcast coming soon
Making its way through our production process is a special edition podcast on the impact of the global economic crisis on the intellectual property ecosystem.
The show includes the following panellists:
- Jeremy Phillips (IPKat Editor, European IP Consultant, author, lecturer and IP commentator)
- Teresa Stanek-Rea (President of the American Intellectual Property Law Association, and partner in the Washington DC office of Crowell & Moring.)
- Nick Redfearn (Asia partner and Hong Kong Country Manager at Rouse); and
- William New (Editor in Chief and Director at Intellectual Property Watch.
(We tried but weren’t successful at getting Shamnad Basheer on the line as well. We have plans to get his views, and possibly those of some others in a follow up show.)
We discussed the following issues, with some very frank, and sometimes surprising results:
- In what ways have you seen the economic crisis impact on the way companies are using the IP ecosystem?
- What do you think is the single most important IP issue that companies should focus on in times such as these?
- What do you think governments should be doing on the IP front in light of the current economic situation?
Stay tuned for the podcast – to be published very soon. And, as always, let us know what you think.