3 IP reflections for right now
The year is just getting going again. It’s a nice time to reflect on what you’re doing and where you’re heading.
So, how’s your intellectual property strategy going?
Here are 3 things to think about:
1. Why should I / we care about intellectual property. (If you can’t think of a reason, stop now, unsubscribe, and thanks for your time.)
2. What does 2009 hold for me, us and the world around us? (Economic woes? / Threats? / Opportunities? / Other?)
3. What do I want other people to be able to say about me and us by the end of the year? (Ie – what would a skeptical, objective bystander be able to say about me / us at the end of the year – this is designed to provoke action and objective achievements.) Here are some examples:
- We kicked butt in that patent litigation.
- We reduced the incidence of counterfeiting of our goods by 50%.
- We substantially reinforced the intellectual property estate covering our brands.
- We attracted significant investment with the portfolio we already had at the start of the year.
- We redirected our R&D program to much more valuable intellectual property outcomes and significantly increased the value of our company
- What would you add?
Now go and do it. Just get it started.
It’s the only way.
Photo credit: Fr Antunes