Welcome to the IP Think Tank Global Week in Review podcast for the week ending Friday 5 December 2008. Unfortunately, regular panellist, Shamnad Basheer couldn’t join us for the call, but he’ll be back next week. In this week’s call, regular panellist Jeremy Philips and Duncan Bucknell chat about:
- The recent increase in IP litigation in the UK;
- IP enforcement as a business decision;
- The European Commission report on the pharmaceutical industry;
- R&D incentives, competition law and ‘gaming the system’ in pharmaceuticals and other industries;
- Innovation strategies in new markets as against optimising existing markets;
- Creative Commons and the Obama / Biden Change.gov website; and
- Patent term adjustments in the USPTO and the recent Wyeth case.
We hope you enjoy this week’s podcast, and as always, we look forward to your comments and feedback.