Top 5 reasons not to settle IP Litigation
Here are my top 5 reasons not to settle IP litigation from the IP owner’s perspective:
- The other side are not even close to offering a reasonable deal.
- A state sanctioned monopoly is worth a lot more to you, even after the costs of litigation.
- This is one of many similar actions currently ongoing and you need a precedent and to send a signal to (a) the market, and (b) the other infringers.
- Settling this one will create a cascade of difficulties across many jurisdictions.
- Your CEO just doesn’t get along with the person in charge of that other company (NOT).
Sadly, 5 or derivations of it, seems to operate more often than you’d hope.