- the top 4 brands remain the same (in order): Coca Cola ($65Bn), Microsoft ($59Bn), IBM ($57Bn)and GE ($52Bn).
- Intel ($31Bn) has slipped from 5th to 7th
- Nokia ($34Bn) has moved up to 5th
- The current top 4 and Intel have all been in the top 5 or 6 since the survey began in 2001
Interesting comments from the report:
- Coca Cola is numbe 1 for the seventh year in a row but is having trouble increasing brand reputation because its move into healthier beverages is yet to resonate
- Google, Zara and Apple were the three biggest movers up the ladder
- Ford, GAP and Kodak were the three biggest movers down the ladder
As always, the report has some interesting analysis and insights.
As I said in my August 2006 article, managing a global brand is an art in itself. In that article, I developed the B.R.A.N.D.I.N.G. acronym to cover the key points.
Let me know what you think.